Little Office of Christ the King

This is a one time blog to contain the Little Office of Christ the King, on the pattern of the pre-Vatican II "Little Offices" of devotion. They existed for the Immaculate Conception, St Joseph and the Holy Angels, that I'm aware of.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I'm 68, a Traditional Catholic, a Legitimist Royalist, the liegeman of HM Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada.

dimanche, octobre 29, 2006

Prime


V. O, God, make speed to save me.
R. O, Lord make haste to help me.

V. Glory be...
R. As it was...
Alleluia (In Lent: Praise be to Thee, O King of Eternal Glory)

Let kings be fain to dedicate
To thee the emblems of their state;
Rule thou each nation from above,
Rule o'er the people's homes in love.

All praise, King Jesu, be to thee,
The Lord of all in majesty;
Whom with the Father we adore,
And Holy Ghost for evermore. Amen.

Ant. The Lord God * shall give unto him the throne of his father David, and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever, and of his kingdom there shall be no end, alleluia.

V. All power is given unto me.
R. In heaven and in earth.

V. O lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.

Let us Pray

Almighty and everlasting God, who hast exalted thy beloved Son to be King over all worlds, and hast willed in him to make all things new : mercifully grant that the kindreds of the earth which are wounded and dispersed by sin : may speedily be knit together under his gracious sovereignty. Who liveth and reigneth with thee.

V. O Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.

V. Let us bless the Lord.
R. Thanks be to God.

And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.